Rolled back Pro to previous version. Now can only use Text Editor/Short codes

I had to roll back a page to a previous revision. The page was orginially edited it Pro. However, after the roll back, everythign is now it text and I have lost the ability to edit in Pro. Can this be fixed?

Hello @kaleomedia,

Thanks for asking :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you rolled back entire Pro theme or just one page? The reason I am asking is the title and content convey different issue. In the mean time would you mind trying these general solutions.

1. Ensure you are fully up to date. See our changelog.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

it was just one page. clicked on a former revision.

Now I can only edit in “Text”.

And get this if try to go to pro.

If I click, “Yes, Proceed” am I going to lose everything or will Pro convert all of the shortcodes and HTML?

Hello @kaleomedia,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Post revision works absolutely fine and you should not see that message. After rolling back did you edit the content in text mode? The only scenario that error message would show up is when content has been modified in text mode. Reason being, dong that removes the page builder data. Do you have a backup of your site? If so, you may restore it to the previous version.

Thanks.

I had to edit in the text editor because what I showed is what I got. There was not a way to go back a revision and then use Pro.

Hello @kaleomedia,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please note that the content that was edited outside Pro page builder will get removed should you choose to click, yes proceed button. However, Pro will load the layout and content that was designed using builtin builder.

Thanks.

I wish that were true. I duplicated the page because I wanted to see Pro change the text content. This is what Pro looks like when I go to edit the page.

However the content does show. Here is the test page. ultifitonline.com/home-2

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you do not have any options here, for some reason the content was changed and you can not bring back the Builder version. The thing that you can do is to ask your hosting service provider to give you a version of the website prior the change, Then you can install it locally or on a staging website, then access the very same page and save it as a template. Kindly read the bottom section of this article:

After that, you can upload the downloaded template to the current version of the page.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.