Revolution Slider won't pay Above Masthead on X 5.2.2 without this workaround

I found a bug with videos above masthead in 5.2.2 where I have a Revolution Slider in place but the video just does not play. For grins I added a new section to the landing page and dropped in the classic element for RS and voila they both showed up! Next I go back and remove the section thats not supposed to be on page with RS and save and go back and bam - video above masthead is gone again. Put the element back on the page and sure enough masthead video is back in place.
Ultimate solution for time being is to leave this section on page but hide it on all devices and video above masthead stays in plays as it’s supposed too! Anyone else experience this? Going to submit this to APEX next.

Hi there,

I tested the case with a sample Revolution Slider which I used the Youtube video as the background of the slider and added it to a page with normal Cornerstone content using the Above Masthead functionality without having a specific section dedicated for the slider and it worked correctly in 5.2.2.

Would you please add a test page for us and add a new slider from Revolution Slider and get back to us with the name of the Test Page to follow up?

Thank you.

Hey Chris!

So did what you said and create a blank brand new page on the same site here - http://healthcare-platform.com/himss18/

Same exact problem… Does not play or even show up unless I add a rev slider on the page elsewhere.

Take a look

Hi There,

I am getting this error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: setREVStartSize is not defined
    at (index):147

I turned Include RevSlider libraries globally option on under Slider Revolution > Global Settings and your slider worked.

Here is the screenshot from the page:

Hope this helps.

Hi - Thanks for pointing this out and YES that did fix the problem! :grinning:

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.