Revolution Slider links to posts - how to link title and content link to individual post

Hello,

I am using Revolution Slider to cycle through the three most recent blog posts. I know how to add simple links to the text boxes {{title}} and {{content:words:20}}… and {{date}} but I can’t find an option to link to the actual post. So that when a new blog is added and the slider auto-updates to feature the most recent blog, the content and title and date will all link to that blog post.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @daneruef

Thanks for writing to us.

You need to choose related categories from the slider settings.
Kindly go to Revolution Slider -> Content -> Choose Source, Post Type and category here.
The slider slides with related post with that category.
Here is a screenshot.

Please follow this documentation .

Thanks

Thanks for the response, sorry if I am misunderstanding, but what I am asking is how to link to the actual post. Right now the link just refreshes/opens the Home page. Maybe it is broken?

I currently have the slider set to show the three most recent Posts. Now I just need the text/title/date elements to link to the actual posts.

Hope that makes sense,

Hello @daneruef,

To link the title or date with post links you need to add this code in your slider content section
Please have a look at screenshot given below.

HTML Code

<a href="{{link}}">{{title}}</a>

By following the same process you can link the Date with posts link.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed response. I tried that code and playing around with the Meta options and it does not work. If I just use {{link}} it will generate the URL to the post, but when I try to embed that link using <a href="{{link}}">{{title}}</a> (see screenshot) the link does not appear on the live slider.

Backend:

Live:

Thanks for your help,

Hey @daneruef,

Make sure that the layers (title, date etc) are links. At the moment, It seems like they are just a plain text and this is why it doesn’t link to the posts. To properly setup post based sliders, please check this out: https://www.sliderrevolution.com/documentation/post-based-sliders

Let us know how this goes!

Hi,

There is nothing in that link (https://www.sliderrevolution.com/documentation/post-based-sliders) that talks about linking post titles to the actual post. Which is strange, because it seems like this would be a primary function of a post-based slider…

I am using the code provided, <a href="{{link}}">{{title}}</a>, which should be a link, I believe? But no link appears on the live site. Maybe I am missing where I can make this title a link…

I am happy to share the login to my site if that will help…

Thanks for your help,

Hello @daneruef

In order to help you further, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for your help! See attached secure note.

Hello @daneruef,

Thanks for sharing the credential. I went ahead and checked your slider it is working fine since the anchor colour was set the same colour as your slider background the link was not visible.

Add inline style to make it visible for you please change it as per your design.
Slider-Revolution-‹-Coolidge-Wall-—-WordPress

Thanks

Bingo! Wow, of course. I figured it would be something stupid I missed.

You guys are awesome.

Hey @daneruef,

We are just glad that you have figured out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.