Revolution Slider Issue Plugin Updates

Hi, I have several X theme websites and with all I have a problem with revolution slider.

I can’t update the site (plugin) without losing the plugin i.e. it disappears from the plugin list in the Wordpress dashboard.
If I don’t update it (they are now quite old) then it is okay but when I want to update I have to go into FTP and remove Rev Slider plugin and reinstall it with the files. Then the plugin reappears (with all my changes stil there). The problem is that I can only do this with the old version of Rev Slider I have.

Is there a way of installing Rev Slider and maintaining it through updates?

Thanks Fiona

Hey,

You should update the plugins through the Dashboard > Updates - but as you said that it is not possible, provide to us your WP credentials and the website link in a secure note.

Thanks. Please take a look on the secure note for details. It happens on all my sites?

Best Fiona

Hi there,

Upon testing your issue, I’m getting the following error.

504 Gateway Time-out

Could you please contact your hosting provider with regard to this issue. You can also find more information here (https://www.lifewire.com/504-gateway-timeout-error-explained-2622941).

Thanks!

Hi, done. Should be okay. Can you try again? Sorry for inconvenience. Best Fiona

Hi Fiona,

When trying to install the plugin I saw the message, the existing folder already exists, it is possible the update was corrupted.

I removed Revolution Slider via FTP from wp-content/plugins/

After that I want back to your wp admin dashboard > X > and the installation and activation did work as expected.

Hi, I had to wait to respond until a new update and it is still the same.

If I install rev slider it will work (via FTP), not via plugins page.
If I update, it disappears and I have to uninstall and re upload.

One issue is that when you download x theme off this dashboard to find latest plugin, the extension plugin isn’t there in framework>plugins? If so, I could just always reinstall.
The other is that the updates don’t work.

So yes, if I remove the plugin I can install again but I can’t get the latest. Now I have had toput in an older version.

Either can you show me where on a regular basis I can find rev slider plugin for x I can reinstall or can you help resolve this issue?

Thanks Fiona

Sorry and can you tell me how I can get the latest as now my older one is showing issues?

Hi There,

I found there is some issue with server when the plugin trying to delete old files at the time of update.
Please delete the old file via FTP and reinstall via admin -> X -> plugins and install again it will install the latest version.

Thanks

Apologies, these conversations don’t have notifications so I got on with something else!

It seems a new version is on there now so I take it I don’t need to remove now? (and would be useful business wise if it didn’t disappear over next 24hours for long).

Or do you want me to take out the one there and do it the upload way. That has never worked so I may be left with nothing?

Thanks Fiona

Just found out how to turn notifications on!

Hi There,

Try using the new version and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.