Hi. I can’t install the Revolution Slider Plugin. After it says ‘Installing’, then it says, ‘Error encountered. Details’
Clicking on the ‘Details’ link doesn’t show any error. Other plugins seem to install fine.
Hi There,
Please check that if the wp-content/plugins/revslider/ doesn’t exist.
Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
- Link to your site
- WordPress Admin username / password
- FTP credentials
Thanks.
Hey There,
Thank you for providing the log in credentials. I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version 5.2.17 and WordPress 4.7 requires at least 7.2 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:
Dear host,
I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:
PHP 7.2 or greater
MySQL 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB 10.0 or greater
The mod_rewrite Apache module
HTTPS support
Looking forward to your reply.
Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.
Thank you. I checked with the hosting company. I upgraded to 5.6 They can’t (won’t) upgrade the php version any higher. Is there a work around?
Hi there,
PHP 5.6 should do good for the time being, but you should move to a good host in near future.
I’ve installed and activated the Revolution Slider, please check.
Best regards.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.