Reviews: Invalid object type for field "author"

Hi there,
I started getting warnings from Google on multiple websites about "Invalid object type for field “author” and by doing a quick search it looks like its missing “type” field

“author”: {
@type”: “Person”,
“name”: “Fred Benson”
}

At the moment @type saying “Thing”

Is there any workaround to fix this?

Hello Rafal,

Thanks for writing in! Did you use a Schema plugin? Please make sure that you have filled up the fields in your Schema settings correctly. To better assist you with the issue, please provide the URL of the page where you have experience the issue and the site access to your site so that we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel
NO external Plugins, only Review block from PRO which has Schema Options.

Please note: When “Type” at the top is left blank, it defaults to organization, which is correct. The issue is with Author, @type, it adds “Thing” and cannot be changed. It should be set to “Person” according to my research

Hey Rafal,

I have replicated the issue so I’m going to add this in our issue tracker so this case will be queued for investigation by our development team.

Regretfully, there is no workaround right now as it’s on the element’s code. There is no declaration of Person for the author so the Google Rich Results Test considers it as a Thing.

Please stay tuned for updates and monitor our Changelog to see if a change for this is included.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.