Reverting back from Pro to X

Were in the process of upgrading to pro - we’ve tested this out on a staging server and the upgrade seems to go fine by activating the new theme.

My question is… let’s say crap explodes on the production server - are we able to “revert back” just by activating the old theme?

Hi There,

1-Yes you can.

2- If your server runs X it will most likely run PRO with no issues.

Hope it helps

Thanks for this - so one last question with the upgrade, if i have a child theme, and that is the activated theme - how do I know if it’s using the old X or if it’s using Pro? (ps. i’ve made the child theme modification in the style.css file)

I just noticed below it says “Active: Pro - Child Theme” so i assume that its going to automatically pick the right one… however when I activate the child theme, it removes the “Pro” menu from the wordpress dashboard.

So how do I use pro + use the child theme? Thanks

I should mentioned i changed my style sheet:

Reads:
/*

Theme Name: Pro - Child Theme
Theme URI: http://theme.co/x/
Author: Themeco
Author URI: http://theme.co/
Description: Make all of your modifications to X in this child theme.
Version: 1.0.0
Template: pro

*/

Figured it out- forgot to rename the directory of the child theme. Thx.

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.