Reverse the Layers of "The Grid" or "Ess. Grid"

Hey Team,
I have a simple question. Maybe I overlook something.
I want to add four Videos to my site with a grid plugin. When the site is loaded there should be a half transparent overlay with a headline over the videos. On mouseover the overlay should disappear and on click the video should playback.

Is there a way to archive this with one of the grid plugins?
I didn’t find a way to start with an overlay and let it disappear on mouseover. Only the other way round.
Thanks for helping.
Cheers. Benjamin

Hi there,

You can add the overlay on mouse over but please kindly consider that this might not be a good solution. As when video starts to play and you move the mouse out of the grid the overlay will come back again. So I think the logic behind the layout is not ideal in my opinion.

The way you want to acheive might need custom developement, I did search the web and found the articles below that may be a good starting point for your customization for the Essential Grid:

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/never-hide-overlay-on-media/

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/black-and-white-hover-effect/

The Google Search will help you getting started with this case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.