Rev Slider Vimeo Background Disappears When Clicking Away from Tab

Hello, I have searched through the forum and am unable to find this exact issue for trouble shooting.

We are implementing a vimeo video background using RevSlider. The page loads fine and seems to loop okay. But if you click away from the page and then come back, the video background ceases to play and defaults to a white background rather than either continuing to play or restarting playing once the page is back in focus.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @NickMacedo,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your Revolution Slider settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure. just did. thank you

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the credentials, I have investigated the issue and It seems this is browser-specific and not really an issue on the site, as the issue is not happening on Firefox (only on Chrome). I would recommend, if you have access to a direct URL of the video please use that instead, that is the HTML5 option on the background Type dropdown to avoid this kind of conflict.

From what I understand Vimeo Pro members has an access to direct links to video files.

Cheers,

I tried using the Vimeo direct link in the HTML5 video settings but the video does not display at all. However, the user is more than just browser specific as it occurs not only in Chrome but also in Safari for more. I cannot turn this over to the client this way. Any other suggestions?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback, in that case, since there is not much going on in that Hero slider, I suggest that you re-create that as a simple section. What that means is you get rid of the Slider, then apply your video as the background of the Section (with a direct link .mp4 URL). You can then add the tagline with the Headline element and apply some fading effect to it. This way you resolve the issue and save some loading time on the page since this is a lighter approach than using Slider.

And apply a 100vh min-height to the column so it will take up the entire above-the-fold of the screen.

Hope it helps,
Cheers

Hi. This is not helpful. I know there are alternative, simpler solutions, but I would like to use Rev Slider. The only reason the slider does not currently have more content is because I realized there was a problem so I stopped and reached out for assistance. I intend to add more content once I can get your plugin to work appropriately. So can you please advise on a the solution I inquired about?

Hi @NickMacedo,

Ok thank you for that clarification, is there any optimization going on on the hosting side? I copied your page including the Slider on my dev site and the issue is not happening there.

Is there any way you can deactivate all the optimization (including caching) applied on that site for testing?, also please try updating the Slider Revolution to the latest version 6.4.6

And another thing, does Vimeo provide a direct link URL to the video? one that ends with .mp4? If they do, try using that one in the HTML5 field.,

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.