Hello! I have built a 1 page site using Rev Slider. Over time, the layouts and text is shifting on it’s own. Text is changing size, and is now unreadable on mobile, and smaller everywhere else, but only in certain sections. Some of the sections remain untouched. The layout is also shifting in all views. I can’t figure out what is causing this. I’ve gone through the settings and matched them up to the slide that’s working and that doesn’t help. I’ve also made adjustments in the slides themselves and the edits don’t take. I’ve cleared browser and site cache, so that doesn’t seem to be the problem. I’d like your advice please on how to fix this. Thanks.
Thanks for writing in! This could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):
- Testing for Plugin Conflict
- Theme Update
- Child Theme
- CSS/JS Customization
By the way, make sure that your plugin caches are cleared and browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode and test your site again. If nothing else is helping, kindly provide us the page in questioned and access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works
Please let us know how it goes.
Thanks Ruel, I tried your suggestions and no change. I updated the secure note above with your login info etc.
The given password seems incorrect. Kindly double check it so we can log in to your site.
The layer in each of the slide will always find a way to display the elements properly. This is why you need to check each of your slides and see them how they look like in the respective screen sizes.
You also have to make sure that in each slider, you have set the Respect Ratio option in the Module Generation Options.
For more details about the Responsive setup in the plugin, kindly check out this documentation:
Thanks for your response and your advice. The problem that we’re having is that what is shown in the slider editing environment, and the previews it generates, does not match what is happening live. I’ve set up each slide manually and made proper adjustements to ensure proper placement, but they are not reflected in the live site. I have cleared site cache, browser cache, and it still will not show properly, I’ve made small edits just to see if anything will take and the only thing that will change is paragraph text. Header Text and placement of elements seem to be stuck as they currently appear. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to rebuild this site. What are your thoughts on why that might be happening?
There might be a few different reasons for this and hope you have already gone through the common issue troubleshoot specified by my colleague in his first post.
If none of those helped you, please check the version compatibility page if the latest versions are already available.
If it arises due to the WordPress upgrade, I would suggest you downgrade the version of your site, till the updated version of the theme and plugin is released.
To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/
If that is not the case and you want us to examine the issue, please provide us the screenshot(s) marked with the issue(s).
And please re-check the credentials of your website once again, you may need to examine it be logged in.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.