Responsive text not working in new Cornerstone

Hi, I already read on this forum that the responsive text option has moved, and I found it, but it’s not working.

Do I have to paste “h-responsive” in some class field somewhere?

I have this working on other pages which were made using the older Cornerstone.

I hope you can help.

Best regards,
Jonathan.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Since your responsive text selector is .h-responsive then yes, you have to add h-responsive to your target element’s class option/input.

Example, if you’re targetting the custom headline then inspect it and go to customize section and find class input, then add h-responsive.

Thanks.

Thanks,

ok, but that leads me to another question…

I’m using the new “text” element as titles for sections (see cosybox.co.uk/oxford-heights/) - do these elements work with the responsive text option, or only the Custom Headline element?

Thanks and regards,
Jonathan.

Sorry Rad,

please ignore my last response! I was actually using the new Headline element. And I’ve now found the class field.

However, it’s not working properly.

Please look at this page made with the older Cornerstone, where the heading size is right when viewed on a mobile: cosybox.co.uk/carlton-mansions/ (min size is 16)

and this one made with new Cornerstone: cosybox.co.uk/oxford-heights/ (min size 9)

The headings on the new page are much bigger, and are too big (when viewed on mobile device).

Please do the comparison on a mobile device.

I would appreciate it if you could have a look at it, I’ll give you my access if necessary (maybe you have it from previous occassions, if so, please use it).

Regards,
Jonathan.

Hey Jonathan,

That is because you’ve set the new Headline element’s font size to 3.77 em. If you’re using the Responsive Text feature, you need to set it to 1 em so it will just inherit the Responsive Text size. Remember to use em and not px. Please watch this screencast https://youtu.be/bsNyOcvSGQA. Here’s another one to add in to your knowledge.

Thanks.

Aaaahh, thanks so much, I couldn’t find any instructions about what EM is, thank you.

You’re welcome. Here’s an article about em and rem.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.