Resize Featured Image Thumbnail to be Vertical

Presently, the featured images in the blog are more horizontal than vertical.

How can I resize the featured thumbnail images to be vertically tall like the attached?

Hi @santosfel5,

Thank you for writing in, but I cant find the site in question from the list of your sites. Please provide us the site URL so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

Hi @friech The site I’m working on this page: https://kristinarampl.wpengine.com/news/

Hello @santosfel5,

Please be aware that the featured images were cropped to fit into the area intended for the featured image. Be also aware that the resulting image sizes will also be based from your original image. I have checked one of your images and I can see that you have uploaded a landscape image size. This would mean that the resulting cropped image for the featured image will also be in landscape or horizontal. If you want to display vertical or portrait image sizes, you will have to upload images in portrait or vertical sizes too.

Note: Be advised that any modifications of the sizes for the crop size of the featured image is deem as custom development which is beyond the scope of our support already. You may need to contact a 3rd party developer to do this customizations for you.

Best Regards.

I was looking for an existing override rather than just resizing/changing the aspect ratio of the existing images. Ideally, a vertical image as the thumbnail in the blog page with a landscape version of that image in the post page.

I’ll just explore creating this myself then. Thank you for your time.

You are most welcome.
If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to create a new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.