Request - Show Hidden Elements, Page CSS

Can I just put in two simple requests for things that really should have been in Pro at version 1.0:

  1. Can you show hidden elements in the editor somehow? The current implementation is just not feasible. If I create a gap element that only appears on mobile and a month from now I go back in and edit that page on a desktop - there is no evidence whatsoever that there is a gap element there. None. Only in structured view can one see a gap is there. Hidden elements should still be present, even if it’s a think line or something.

  2. If an individual page has CSS added to it, can you color the little CSS icon in the left sidebar - maybe gold or something? This way we know the page has it’s own CSS styles if we can’t figure out why an element is performing a certain way. Visual Composer does this and it’s very helpful.

Thanks guys.

Hi There,

1- You need to click on the left tab, and set the view your site as mobile, tablet etc…I believe that is a good approach and I sincerely don´t think we will be showing a element that appear just on desktop on mobile preview and vice-versa cause it would be more complicated for the design in my personal opinion.

2- That is a good suggestion I will forward to our devs.

Thank you

I have to strongly disagree on point 1. Yes, I know how to make the hidden element appear. The problem lies when you introduce a hidden element and then 6 months later the client asks you to edit that page. Will you remember there is a hidden element there that only shows on mobile? Of course not. That is the flaw in this implementation. It withholds information, which is a design no no. It’s worse than uncommented code. It’s ‘code’ that doesn’t appear at all unless you somehow knew it was there already. Seriously, reconsider this. Ask your users. Run a poll. You’ll discover my thoughts on this are echoes across the Pro community.

Hi There,

I will forward this to our developer for discussion. We do appreciate your feedback. I cannot assure you that this will be implemented, but up for discussion. Every design/functionalities is a consensus of brilliant minds behind the theme. We are always open for suggestion but just take note that showing this hidden elements will affect the display/preview on the builder. When you expect to show it like something but it displays something else because of those hidden elements. Implementing this meant that Cornerstone preview and Frontend will not be 1:1 in terms of how it looks.