Replacing Layouts Using Assignments In Pro

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Layouts feature in Pro. I do understand the logic behind it, but I can’t seem to get the test layout I have built to replace one of my template pages.

First off, I have tested my new Layout page is working by replacing the blog with it, that appears fine. So I have created the Layout properly.

I have a third party plugin installed that is managing properties on my website (I am setting us an Estate Agent / Real Estate website) The plugin creates custom post types called “Properties”, however no matter what configuration I try in the Layout Assignment, it will not replace the property pages.

The Layout builder does recognise the properties post type, as indicated by the attached image. I have been through every single Assignment that mentions properties but it will not replace the template. I understand this is a third party plugin, but it is operating within the confines of how the Layout builder should work. As far as I understand it should be able to replace any standard template?

property type

Perhaps I am missing something as this is the first website I have tried Layouts with.

Any help greatly received.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello @littleshock,

Thanks for writing in! Have you changed the Priority from 0 to -1? Please try it. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I have tried your original idea of using -1 priority, but that did not work. I’ll add a secure note with all the details you need.

Hi @littleshock,

Thanks for providing all your details.

The Layout you created is an archive page for your Property post type, as you can see here it replaces with the layout from the layout builder.

To change the single page layout of your post type property, you need to create a new layout and choose single as type.

I just created a dummy single layout since it is a staging and set the condition to display it to property single pages.

Then as you can see here, it reflects the layout.

You can now adjust the layout the way you wanted.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for this! I should have read the documentation on this better, but this is my first time trying this out, so I am sure I will learn.

I will give this a go in the next day or so and come back to you if the problem persists. Many thanks.

Hi @littleshock,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.