Replacing Child theme repercussions

Hi X,

I’m aching for some proper full width parallax featured images. I’d love if this was a feature in X/Pro. It seems like all my clients want it and it’s difficult to master on all devices. So, what’s the best work around? I saw this post https://benryan.com.au/themeco-full-width-parallax-featured-image/
However I am hesitant to change the Child theme. I could… we just have a lot of current customization. Will we completely completely loose our Pro headers/footers or just Customizer settings and on page css + js?

It sounds like editing the php is the best way to go because one day maybe this will be a feature within X/Pro?

(And the site is in dev mode so I can’t share a particular link.)

Any advice?
Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I can’t tell if it’s going to be added as a new feature, but parallax is already full-width so I’m not really sure what specific feature it is not being full-width. I guess what you’re referring is parallax header for the single post, that’s based on your provided URL. I’ll forward that as the feature request, for the meantime, please follow the customization in your provided URL.

Thanks!