Replace Essential Grid With Official Plugin

Hello,

I paid for the latest official Ess Grid plugin as I want the latest functionality.

  • Installed the bundled Ess Grid and played around
  • Deactivated and deleted the Ess Grid Plugin
  • Paid for the official software via Envato
  • Loaded the plug-on and activated
  • Click “Ess Grid”
  • The plugin still thinks it’s the bundled item, and I can’t enter my purchase code
  • In the Plugins directory, it shows as version 2.1.5

How do I replace the bundled Ess Grid with the official version?

Thanks, Bill.

Hi there Bill,

Just to double check, did you download Essential Grid from CodeCanyon after paying for it?

You’ll need to use that version and not the bundled one installed from “X” in your WP Admin.

If it still doesn’t work correctly, can you include some WP Admin Login details in a secure note please and we’ll take a look.

Thanks!

See secure note above. The version of the plugin installed is 2.1.5 which is later than the bundled version. Hence my confusion.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for supplying the details, doesn’t look like the the user is an admin though as I can’t access plugins etc.

If you could update the user to be an admin that’d be great.

Thanks!

Done, sorry.

Hi Bill,

I can see you have caching plugin but it is now disabled. Did you clear cache before disabling this plugin? Old plugin code might still be loading via cache. If you’re not sure this is not that cache, do you have caching on your server. Please try to clear cache there and then check again.

Here’s what I did:

  • Activated the 2017 theme
  • Looked at ESSG
  • Shows the activation box
  • Entered my purchase code
  • All now working
  • Re-activated X
  • Still see the message about this being a bundled plug-in
  • Will now ignore the message

Whatever X does to display that message is incorrect and needs fixing.

Best wishes, Bill.

Hi there,

I checked and indeed you are using the Code Canyon version. Kindly ignore the message at the time being. We will be in contact with our developers regarding the message.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.