Reorder blog post elements

Which php files would I need to look at if I want to alter the order of element for a blog post?

For instance, if I wanted to have the blog post render as:

Title
Byline with Date and Author
Featured Image
Categories / Tags
Post Content
Blog Navigation (Prev Post and Next Post links)

Or do you have a solution where I can achieve this without manipulating the php. I’m comfortable with either recommendation.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try using an alternative plugin like this (https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-order/) and see if that helps.

Thanks!

That’s not quite what I was asking for. I’m looking for are the template files I would need to look at to change the position of the post elements, such as, post title, post author, post date, post content, featured image, etc.

I’m looking to make “single.php” template changes, but I do know that there are multiple php files that build the “single.php” template. It is this list I am looking for.

That plugins only changes the SORT order of the post list. Plus, that plugin hasn’t been updated in 9 years and I couldn’t in good faith install it on any deployed installation.

Hello There,

The change that you may want to achieve will require total recoding of the whole structure of the single blog post. To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you in advance.

I’m using the Integrity stack, but if list the theme files that control the blog list and post single output, I’ll take an initial try to sort it out first.

Hi there,

All the blog related content are rendered by this file:

wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/integrity/content.php

There you will see sections like this:

<?php x_get_view( 'integrity', '_content', 'post-header' ); ?>

This means that you need to search for a file named _content-post-header.php in the integrity folder. That is how the other parts and files are come up in one place.

Please consider that it goes deeper and deeper when it comes to the relationship between different files and what you want means that the whole structure should be changed and that is not what we recommend or be able to provide.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.