RENEW STACK--Hiding Date and Author on Blog Posts, but Keep Categories

I see similar posts on this topic, but nothing specific for this. Is there a way to do this without getting too complicated? Just developed a new site and the presence of the date at the top on posts for upcoming events is confusing the hell out of them.

Hi There,

To hide the date and author post meta, please try adding this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.p-meta>span,
.p-meta span:nth-child(3)::after {
    display: none;
}
.p-meta span:nth-child(3) {
    display: block;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

It absolutely did. Thank you so much!

You are most welcome!

1 Like

I’m afraid I have another quick question–while the date is no longer displaying on the pages or in the blogposts main page, I have a footer widget on the page with the most recent 5 posts where the date is still displaying. Is there different code for this or can this same code be displayed somewhere else?

Hello @ConjuringMind,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share the exact page URL? I tried checking the 3 websites that’s listed on your licence page and I don’t see footer widget anywhere. Please share the page URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

1 Like

Yes. It’s https://kansashonorflight.org . It’s the footer widget area on the far left.

Hi There @ConjuringMind

Try adding the following CSS rule into your X -> Theme Options -> CSS area to remove that date entry.

.widget .post-date {
}

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, that worked as well. This has helped me stave off a bunch of very confused and angry people. People at the charity I built the site for were very upset with me that the dates were “wrong” because they believed these dates were the dates of the events instead of the date the blogpost was posted. I couldn’t get it through their heads that they needed to read the actual posts for that information. “Why does it say September 12th at the top and then October 1st at the bottom?” Not a word about the categories and tags, though! Eventually people will be reading outdated posts and will later complain about that. Anyway, rant over. Thanks for your help!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

As much as I hate to bump this thread again, I’ve encountered a new issue. My client on this same website is wanting to have posts displayed on the Home page, so instead of a slider I’ve decided to just use the “classic recent posts” element. The problem? The blogpost dates are appearing in the description under the title in the thumbnails displayed. I tried applying the above-given css on the off-chance that it would work there also, but it isn’t working to remove the date. Can anyone help with this, or at least point me in the right direction?

Hi There,

Please add this to Theme Options > CSS

.x-recent-posts-date {
}

If you have a follow up question, we kindly ask to write it on a new thread, as this one is getting longer and being drift off from the original issue.

Thanks,

Gotcha. Will do. So far that code doesn’t seem to be working but I’ll keep trying.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You posted your new thread on the Peer to Peer forum, sorry we don’t reply in there.

How To Get Support

Anyways, please update my given CSS code to this:

.x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-date {
}

But before you add my code, please fix this block first:

.widget .post-date {
display:none;

You seem to miss the closing bracket } in there.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.