Renew 02-based site - footers?

I’ve based my site (X not pro) on Renew 02. I’m unable to get footers to display. I noticed that the Renew 02 demo does not have footers (other Renew demos look like they do)… Am I missing something? Is there a way to get footers to display on a site based on Renew 02?

Thanks.

Update: I now see that there is a footer there - everything is just invisible. I see this other help topic that partially addresses the issue:

Adding that css makes the menu visible in the footer, but the other elements are still invisible: the text and the (non-moused-over) social icon.

Hi,

To change color of your footer text and links, you can add the code below in Theme Options > CSS

/* footer text color */
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content {
   color:blue;
}

/* footer social icons */
.x-colophon.bottom .x-social-global a {
   color:red;
}

/* footer link */
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content a {
   color:blue;
}


/* Footer menu */
.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a {
   color:red;
}

Hope that helps.

Works great. Thanks!

…sorry for this - but a follow-up question: this is the first customization/css I’ve added to this renew/02-based site. I’m using X - it’s a one-off site. Should I think at this point about pulling in the child theme? (I understand the point of the child theme - I could update x/renew stack without clobbering my custom css). Will I lose any work (cornerstone) if I download, activate, and switch to the child theme at this point (other than saving/restoring the custom css I’m guessing…)

Thanks

Hi,

You shouldn’t lose anything, it will carry over all settings from your parent theme.

But as always please do create a full backup of your site before doing it.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you!

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.