Removing WooCommerce template

Hi,
I’m loving the default Pro styling for the WooCommerce pages, except for the general Shop page.
I’ve created a different page for that, styled using Pro and with the default WooCommerce shortcode, which works like a charm for me. Unfortunately, as soon as I select this page as the main shop page in the WooCommerce settings, it is overwritten with the Pro template instead of using the page I designed.

Is there a way, possibly using a child theme, to disable the X template for the WooCommerce shop page?

Hi @dhunink,

Thanks for writing in.

Regretfully, this request is outside of our support due to its complication and I might not be able to help you properly and could be able to ruin your setup. It would be best that you will contact developer in regards to this request.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Nico,

I am a developer. So I am contacting myself…
How do you mean out of scope? There are multiple support threads regarding the other WooCommerce templates that do received a proper response… I just couldn’t find one on the shop template, so can’t really figure out which hook/action to deactivate/unregister to disable the usage of Pro’s template for the main shop layout.

Hi There,

Depending on the stack you were using, the template responsible for woocommerce shop page is this: \wp-content\themes\pro\framework\views\ {stack}\woocommerce.php. Feel free to copy that on your child theme folder on the same folder path and customize as intended.

Hope this helps.