Removing Custom Breadcrumbs

Hi Themeco Support,

I absolutely love your theme but have been super busy with university and still haven’t finished designing my website completely. And because of this, now that I am returning to my website I want to remove some custom CSS I recently applied a long time ago. Essentially, I added with your help of course, some custom breadcrumbs to all pages. However, with the change of my brands aesthetic, it no longer suits what I want to do. So as to not ruin everything I am looking for help removing what I had done.

I have tried turning off breadcrumbs and removing the associated css, but I remember that an alteration was made to the files as well. Anyway, hoping you can help me out. If I could view the initial post I made about the topic I could potentially reverse what I did; however, I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks,

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

Please provide your URL and point us exactly what you are referring to so we can take a closer look.

Thank you

Hi Joao,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My URL is www.lunatic.com.au

The image attached has the area circled. Basically at the top of every page bar the home page has a bar dedicated to the breadcrumbs.

Thanks,

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

Most likely a custom function was added to your child theme’s functions.php file to add a breadcrumbs on the pages.

Login to your server via FTP and navigate to this directory /wp-content/themes/x-child/ open/edit the functions.php file and remove a block of code (function) that has something to do with breadcrumbs.

Do not edit the functions.php file from Dashboard > Appearance > Editor you could be lock up from your site if you made a mistake.

Cheers!

X Staff,

So I checked and it wasn’t in my child theme’s functions.php file but it did remind me of a change that I think was made in the _landmark-header.php file.

I have attached what I believe to be the problem area. I am not sure what should or should not be deleted.

Thanks,

Caleb

Hi There,

You can add the custom CSS under Customizer > Custom > Global CSS:

header.x-header-landmark {
    display: none;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Sweet that fixed my issue, thanks for that.

Now out of curiosity at some stage should I get rid of this custom code to streamline the coding of the website. I understand it will take more time and I don’t need to do that right now, but I don’t want it to plague my website later on in its development.

Thanks,

Caleb

Hi again,

You can simply remove the _landmark-header.php file from your child theme, just to be on a safe side take a backup of this file as well before removing. This should fix things.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.