Removing blog post title from single post

I have integrity stack (Pro) and installed the child theme. I created the file _content-post-header.php (at pro-child/framework/views/integrity/) and edited it to remove the h1 tags for the title. But the title still shows up on the blog post - baffled.

I am using the custom header for all posts and was looking to move the blog post title into the header. I was able to do that – but not able to remove the title from the content area.

My _content-post-header.php looks like this

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/_CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Standard <header> output for various posts.
// =============================================================================

?>

<header class="entry-header">
  <?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
  <!-- remove title -->
  <?php else : ?>
  <h2 class="entry-title">
    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
  </h2>
  <?php endif; ?>
  <?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?>
</header>

Hi Rajeev,

Based on the information you have provided, it looks like you have made the correct changes to the file and placed the file in the correct directory in the child theme.

Can you please make sure that you have the Pro child theme activated first because you might have overlooked it that is why the changes you are doing to the child theme are not taking effect.

If the changes do not take effect, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Thx. The child theme was activated and i just double checked it. Updated the info you requested in the secure note.

Raj

Hi Raj,

Thank you for the credentials, I tested your very _content-post-header.php template on my dev site and it works as intended (remove h1 title). So yeah this is weird that it does not take effect on your site. Do you have any internal caching or Cloudflare? If so, please clear it.

Also, try doing a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Cheers!

No internal caching. No cloudflare (yet as we are still building it). Disabled all plugins and it still remains. The only thing to do is to try and reinstall the theme? How do I backup the config and the work done so far?

Raj

Hello Raj,

We can still try to have a look if you have provide us with your FTP details so that we can check the actual files.

To backup your site, you can get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them about it since they have the access for that.

Thank you.

Updated the Secure Note to include those details. I experimented a bit. The issue is w/ using the Pro Headers. The child theme does not seem to honor _content-post-header.php in the child theme.

Hi Raj,

No, I’ve tested this both with standard header and a header built-in header builder, on my dev site both scenario work. On your site, both scenarios did not work.

I did reinstall/updated your PRO and the pro-child theme but it still did not work.

What is left to do now is to try to reinstall the Wordpress, there might be corrupted files on your Wordpress.

How to Reinstall WordPress: 5 Different Methods Depending On Your Needs

And another thing, you said you don’t have Caching and Cloudflare, but it seems your hosting does have internal caching, please contact them to confirm and if so, please ask to clear it.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.