Remove X Styling for Buddypress

Hi there,

Similar to - Disable stack for buddypress pages - Support - Themeco Forum

We are using Youzify (formerly Youzer) and Pro breaks the plugin as Pro applies its own styling to Buddypress.

The code provided in the above-mentioned thread is close to 2 years old now - is this still valid for Pro?

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_x_buddypress');

function remove_x_buddypress() {
  remove_action( 'x_enqueue_styles', 'x_buddypress_enqueue_styles', 10, 2 );  
}

Adding this to my child theme’s function.php file doesn’t work see.

Kind regards!

Hello @kademcconville,

Thanks for writing in!

You may add a priority to your custom code:

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_x_buddypress', 5);

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hey,

Updated to:

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_x_buddypress', 5);

function remove_x_buddypress() {
  remove_action( 'x_enqueue_styles', 'x_buddypress_enqueue_styles', 10, 2 );  
}

But the issue still remains. X is still conflicting.

From the plugin developer:

Ah, that theme. There’s an incompatibility issue between Youzify and the Pro theme by Themeco. Our developer has tried their best but we can not solve this incompatibility from our side only, unfortunately.

We have contacted the PRO theme author and asked them for a filter that we can use in our snippet to disable their BuddyPress functions. But we never get an answer from them. They might be busy.

Interestingly, a Pro update approx. 6 months ago broke this, for reference.

Hello @kademcconville,

Yes we can confirm that there is a conflict between the Youzify plugin and the theme. To get this resolved, basically what you need to do is comment out all the x_buddypress functions in the common templates like in \themes\pro\framework\legacy\functions\frontend\breadcrumbs.php then rename the buddypress files like buddypress.php to buddypress-deactivate.php. That file is located in wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\functions\plugins. You then need to comment out all BuddyPress related lines in setup.php which is located in the same folder.

Best Regards.

Hi there,

Thanks for the update.

1. “all the common templates” - is there a complete list of these templates? I need to know all of them.
  2. “rename the buddypress files…” - again, is there a complete list of files I need to change? Or is it just the file located wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\functions\plugins ?

This is definitely a tricky solution. In an ideal world, I’d love to see the following in Theme Options:

1. Toggle for “disable X Buddypress styling”

2. Toggle for “disable X Woocommerce styling”

Regards.

Hey @kademcconville,

Regretfully, we don’t have a list but the plan of our development team is to have a hook that would disable our 3rd party plugin integrations (per plugin).

Please stay tuned for news and updates.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for the update - that’s disappointing as it means I cannot use Pro for the project. It was previously fine but now this means a bigger task now.

I know you may not have an exact date for the disabling of 3rd party integrations, but is this short-term or long-term realistically?

After 5+ years of X/Pro this is such a disappointment in terms of using it for a project.

Update for Reference & Helping others…

What I have done so far:

1. Commented out x_buddypress functions here: \themes\pro\framework\legacy\functions\frontend\breadcrumbs.php
  2. Commented out x_buddypress functions here: /themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/content.php
  3. Commented out x_buddypress functions here: /themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php
  4. Rename buddypress.php to buddypress-deactivate.php here : /themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/plugins/buddypress.php - this fully disabled on front-end and FIXED the issue.
  5. Commented out x_buddypress functions here: /themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/plugins/setup.php
  6. Finally, rename buddypress.php to buddypress-deactivate.php here : /themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/generated-css/buddypress.php - this fully disabled on front-end and FIXED the issue.
    (This final step was not mentioned above but this finally removed X styling for Buddypress).

However, Cornerstone is now broken [constantly loading spinner]. See below.

Looking at Inspector > Console

Final step:
I found a final file that was causing the back-end Cornerstone issue:

/themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/theme-options.php - commented out lines 2475 to 2579

I can now use Cornerstone. I’m not sure if you guys see anything wrong with the added changes I made? (Step 6 & Commenting out lines 2475 to 2579 in ‘theme-options.php’)

Anyway, toggles for disabling X styles for 3rd party integrations would be useful going forward!

Thank you for your feedback, @kademcconville.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.