Remove top-margin from headline element

Hello,

I have two questions. How do I remove top margin from the headline element. I was able to use mtn as a class to remove the top margin in the classic headline. But this does not work anymore.

Question 2: How do I center headline AND graphic element? If I choose to include a graphic element with the headline and center the headliine. Only the text is centered. The graphic element stays in the left side. How do I fix this?

Hi There,

1 - Please try adding to the inline css / style box of the element the following CSS:

margin-top: 0px;

line-height: 0.8;

2- Click text align center on the column where you have your elements placed. If you have defined the width of your graphic element remember to set margin: auto; as well on the image.

Hope it helps, if that does not help, please provide the url and point the specific section.

Thank you!

Thanks for reply. But how do i set inline styles on headline element? I can only seem to set them on for sections and rows?

Hey @Jell92,

There is no Inline field for the Headline element so you need to assign a custom class to it then add your CSS in the Content CSS.

In my test site, I applied a top margin to the Headline element.

Then, I assigned the mtn class to it and it works.

I’m not sure why it doesn’t work on your end. Would you mind giving us the URL where you’ve setup the headline and also give us a screenshot so we’ll know what to find.

Thanks.

And why the hell (sorry my language), would you remove the inline method of setting styles for these elements?? it is much much more annoying to use Content CSS (that becomes crowded REALLY fast). In the earlier version of X i could just set inline styles directly on every item. WHY would you ever remove that feature?

The Style field was not removed. It is still available in the Classic Elements. If you need to use it, you currently need to use the classic elements.

As to why it is not available for the new Headline element, this is because there’s no clear pattern for what element those styles should be applied to. This is why the new elements don’t have the Inline CSS (Style for Classic Elements) because it’s limited to adding styles to a single HTML element, and some of our new V2 elements have several elements inside it, sometimes isolated from each other. A better way to handle this would yet be discussed.

For now, you need to use the Classic Elements if the Style field is important to you.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.