Remove post meta

I’m sorry to be posting again. I feel like I’m doing something wrong because I always end up searching the forum for like 40 minutes I find suggested code to fix the problem I’m encountering and then when I apply the code it ends up not working :slight_smile:

I’d love to remove the post meta excpt the date please. (all icons as well) Also is there a way to have the date appear above the title instead of below if I wanted? Lastly, can you help me add an icon or element after the “read more” link?

here’s the code I tried before to control the entry.meta:

.entry-meta .byline, .entry-meta .cat-links { display: none; }
.entry-meta .posted-on { display: none; }

thank you!

Hi there,

Please kindly add the CSS code below to Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.p-meta span:nth-child(1),
.p-meta span:nth-child(2):after,
.p-meta span:nth-child(3),
.p-meta span:nth-child(4) {
    display: none;
}

To change the position of the Date section and move it to the top of the title you will need to add the CSS code below to the same place I mentioned:

.entry-wrap .entry-header {
    display: flex;
    flex-flow: column wrap;
}

.entry-wrap .entry-header .entry-title {
    order: 2;
}

.entry-wrap .entry-header .p-meta {
    order: 1;
}

The last request about the addition of an Icon after the Read More needs Javascript coding and considered as a custom development. But we will do our best to help you out with that. Please open up a separate thread and ask about that with the information to your website and we will focus on that part specifically there.

1- I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFnnxfA70g

2- For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoY53QXEnI

Thank you.

1 Like

thank you so much! it worked perfectly. The only thing I noticed is that there is still an icon next to the date. Any way to disable that too please? Also, I’m assuming that if I wanted to bring back other meta elements later like for instance the “category” I’d just remove one of the: .p-meta span:nth-child(?) " lines?

thanks again for the read more icon, I’ll follow up with a separate post.

Hi there,

Please update this:

.p-meta span:nth-child(1),
.p-meta span:nth-child(2):after,
.p-meta span:nth-child(3),
.p-meta span:nth-child(4) {
    display: none;
}

to

.p-meta span:nth-child(1),
.p-meta span:nth-child(2):after,
.p-meta span:nth-child(2) i,
.p-meta span:nth-child(3),
.p-meta span:nth-child(4) {
    display: none;
}
1 Like

perfect, thank you!

You’re most welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.