Remove 'Permalink to:' hover text on 'Recent Posts' component

I’m in the process of rebuilding one of my pages on my site and I thought I’d use the Recent Posts component. Generally, everything is fine with it, but I’d like to amend the text it displays. You’ll see on this page - https://www.consolemad.co.uk/buying-guides/ that if you hover over an image, you get
"Permalink to: " and then the post name.

I think users unfamiliar with WordPress won’t really know what a permalink is, so I’d like to trim that part of the text out, or failing that, just remove the hover text completely. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Hi There,

While that is outside the scope of support, I could point you in the right direction with the understanding that it would ultimately be your responsibility to take it from here.

Please add this on your Theme Options > JS

jQuery('.x-recent-posts a').each(function(e){
    var title = jQuery(this).attr('title');
    jQuery(this).hover(function() {
      jQuery(this).attr('title', '');
    });
  });

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’ve tried your code and it works just fine, so thank you :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.