Remove grey shade over blog post image

Hi,
Surely this has been asked before but I have not found it on the forum.
I use Ethos theme for my travel blog www.wonderingviking.com with the setting indexed feature post Big. However in the post feed (home page) the images below the slider are shaded and dull looking compared to the original featured image visible when clicking through to the post. How do I remove the darkening shading? And how do I change the hover shading to a lighter shade? In the past I added this code found in the forum for top slider

.x-post-slider-entry>a {
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);
}

how do I do something similar for the post images?

Hey @ha1,

The shading is there for the text to be visible. To remove the shading (not recommended), please add this code in Appearance > Theme Options > Global CSS.

a.entry-thumb.featured:before {
    opacity: 1;
}

To lighten the hover shade, add this code

a.entry-thumb.featured:hover:before {
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.10);
}

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.