Remove/ delete WP Favicon

Hello,

Could you please help me to delete the Wordpress Favicon.
Can’t find how to fix it.

Thanks

Hey @hrouw,

Thanks for reaching out!

In order for you to remove the default WP favicon, you need to replace it with your own custom favicon. To do that, please go to Appearance > Customize > Site identity and you will see the upload option for the favicon.

Hope that helps.

Hello,

Thanks, but I would like to remove it completely (no flavicon at all).

Any suggestions?

Hanneke

Hi Hanneke,

The way shown by my colleague will remove the favicon, if you are still seeing it there might be some cache reason behind it. I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you, but I don’t want to upload a new one, I just don’t want any flavicon.
The way shown by your colleague is to upload a new flavicon, am I right?

Hello Hanneke,

To accomplish what you have in mind, please check out these articles instead:

Please be advised that what you are trying to do is beyond the limits of the theme and that you are trying to modify a default WordPress functionality. It entails custom coding already which is outside the scope of our support.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.