Remove category from breadcrumbs

Hello!
I’ve been trying to remove the category from breadcrumbs, but nothing I have tried is working. They are currently set up as Home>category>page. What I need is Home>Page. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Hello @PoscoCreative,

Thanks for writing in! Normally, the breadcrumbs do not display the category. It displays the blog index instead, Home > Blog > Post Name. You must have added a custom PHP code in your child theme which is why it is displaying the category.

To better assist you with your issue, please provide a URL of one of your posts or access to your site so we can check your child theme settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi,
I don’ have the secure note option to reply to your message, but my original message has it so I replied there. Let me know that you can see it.

Thanks!

Hi @PoscoCreative,

I have checked your website and found that the Product Category is a page and the Specific Page you referred is a child page of that. And that is why the Product Category is showing in the Breadcrumb.

Screenshot-1181-

Thanks

Hi. I understand why it’s there, but I need to know how to hide that parent page name without removing the page as it’s child. I want it to be Home > page name.

Hi @PoscoCreative,

Unfortunately, there is no option to remove the parent page from the breadcrumb.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.