Registered Sidebar - Custom side bars don't appear

I created a custom sidebar using Appearance sidebars and widgets. I want the sidebar to appear on my St. Louis page responsively. However, the sidebar does not appear in the registered widget when using the widget element so I can not assign it to the page. The goal is to have the sidebar appear on the left side at the first three break points and at the bottom of the page at the two smallest breakpoints.

Do I need to add code to the child theme to register custom sidebars or how do I register them?

Hello @mark2inspect,

Thanks for writing to us.

I created a sidebar from Appearance —>Sidebar and call the sidebar through eh Widget Area element on the local test development site and it seems that it is working fine at my end.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (78)

Please make sure you have added widgets in the Widget area that you have created. In case it is not working for you we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL and Sidebar Name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have attached a secure note to my original post as I still can’t get it t work.

Hello @mark2inspect,

Thanks for sharing the login details, I went ahead and checked your site it seems that you are using the Classic Widget area element, I would suggest you please use the Widget Area element there. I have added the Widget Area element and set it in the hidden mode from Customize —>Hide During Breakpoints. Please have a look at your site now.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for your assistance. Using this widget some links are showing that I do not want to appear. Please see the screenshot. How do I disable them? Also, I there a way I can make column 1 flex width so that it is the full width on mobile devices when I am hiding the side bar?

I figured out how to remove the links by removing the meta.

Hello @mark2inspect,

Glad that we were able to help you and you were able to remove the links from the widgets. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.