Reduce vertical margins between text blocks

Hi - Please show me how to reduce the vertical space between the 2 text blocks in the bottom section of this page:

I have tried using man class for both text blocks and for both images; I’ve also used

in the text block above.

I would like to make a suggestion - I have made it before, as well - that as a user who has built 5 sites using X Theme, but who is not really strong with code - that you make it easier for users without advanced coding knowledge to be able to have full control over margins between elements, without having to reach out to support over and over.

I have literally made dozens of support inquiries about controlling margins, and there continues to be some new reason why I can’t get them to work on some element of a page.

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you referring to this vertical space?

Putting man in the class field won’t work because that would only apply to the outer container of the text element. What do we have here is the default right margin of your image. To resolve this, you will need to insert an inline css in the image itself. For example:

[x_image style="margin-right: 10px;" type="rounded" float="left"  class="lite12" src="http://martarp.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/vinyl-strip-curtain-for-climate-and-dust-control-tn.jpg" alt="Vinyl strip curtains for climate and dust control" lightbox_caption="Vinyl strip curtains for climate and dust control"  link="true" href="http://martarp.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/vinyl-strip-curtain-for-climate-and-dust-control.jpg"]

Please take note of the style="margin-right: 10px;" in the shortcode above.

Another this, on this section:

You have there a two column (3/5 + 2/5) layout. Please keep in mind that the columns will have a 4% right margin so that there will be a space between them. If you want to control that space, you can enable the marginless columns option in the row settings instead and add a padding to each of the columns to be able to control the space between them.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi - Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am actually referring to the vertical space between the text elements here:

Thanks again for your help.

Hi again,

You’ve an empty paragraph tag or a line break (space after the content) in your content (see screenshot) please remove it fix the issue.

Cheers!

Thanks, Nabeel. I probably should have mentioned that I’m using Cornerstone. I had a

…

tag there in that top text block. It doesn’t solve the problem to remove it, and I don’t see any other way to apply what you have said to do, within the Cornerstone GUI.

Eventually I hope to have the confidence to work with the code directly, but meanwhile …

Thanks.

Hi again,

The solution was for Cornerstone :slight_smile: empty tags are added sometimes when you press an enter key at the end of the content, it’s considered as a new paragraph in WordPress. however I did check your page’s content and there was no empty tag now. I went ahead and added the following code in your Cornerstone’s CSS:

p {
    margin: 0;
}

The space is now removed. Cheers!

I’ll be hanging onto that code snippet. Thanks very much!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!