Record not found error

Hi guys. I have read several posts regarding people receiving the (record not found) error when using Slider Revolution. Although I see several answers I do not know if those answers were specific to their site?

For a few days I was able to use Slider Revolution and see my changes on my site without any problems, then all of the sudden I started receiving the error and my screen went blank. As others have said when I disable the plugin my site renders fine. Can you please help me figure this out? One of the main reasons that I selected this theme and this stack was because of the slider revolution integration.

Thank you,

Hey @tman8541,

Your site could not be accessed. Please check.

For the meantime, can you remember your site activities before this issue happened. If there are 2 sliders in the page, would you mind removing one for testing? If that fixes the issue, it could be an issue with the settings. Please try the possible solution provided by ThemePunch at https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/

Thanks.

Hi. I have the under construction plugin in enabled. Should I disable that?

Hello Trip,

An error 403 is still happening in your site. The http error 403 is an error message that is occasionally displayed in the user’s web browser. The 403 error is one of the many hypertext transfer protocol responses that can appear when attempting to access a web page. If the ‘403 Forbidden’ message appears in your browser instead of the website you requested, it means that you are not authorized to access the specified URL.

For more details and how you maybe able to resolve error 403, please check this out first:

Ok, can you please try now? I turned off the under construction plugin and then deleted it. I also deleted the slider revolution plugin. Now the site appears when typed into a browser. Let me know if you are able to see it now.

Hello Trip,

I am still getting the same error.

Please ask support from your hosting provider so that we can check your site.

Ok, sorry about that… can you try once more? I didnt realize that i had a plugin installed that was blocking access. thanks again for trying to help.

Hello Trip,

Thanks for providing the information. “Record not found” means that the slider did not exist. You might have imported the demo content while the rev slider is not yet active. To resolve this, you will have to make sure that the slider being assign in your above/below masthead exist. You can check it by editing your page and make sure that it is assign to the correct and existing slider.

I went ahead and installed the Slider Revolution plugin in your site. I have seen the error and I have done the steps above. I assigned the correct slider and now it is showing in your homepage.

To know more how you can add or assign sliders in your masthead, please check out this article:

You can check your homepage now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.