I’m experiencing a laundry list of small and large issues with this most recent update specifically related to the changes to Cornerstone / Content Builder. I’ve held off as long as I can with voicing these in hopes that additional maintenance updates will sort them out. I know from experience that the development team at Themeco works hard at these moments to fix things as quickly as possible. I also know any major update to a software product will come with its share of bugs.
That said, as someone who has been using X / Pro since the very first release on ThemeForest, I must sadly report that how this most recent release has been handled, in a variety of ways from communication to efficacy of the changes, is the most frustrating and concerning to date. As someone who uses X / Pro exclusively, please know I’m a huge fan, and am providing this feedback in order to be helpful, not simply to complain.
My intention for this post is to have one central place where I can list the issues I’m having, issues I’m sure most everyone else is also having. I’m also certain most of these have been mentioned by others, and/or you are already aware of. But as I don’t have the time or patience to search around for what everyone else has or has not posted, I’m creating my own list so I know for certain that the issues have been brought to your attention.
[1] None of the color pickers in any of the formerly existing elements display the color that has already been assigned to it when you open the color picker. You can see the color when it’s collapsed. The color renders properly on the page. But when the color picker is opened, it neither shows the color in the graphical square, and most annoyingly, it does not show the RGBA code in the lower box. Instead, it always shows “rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)”. This means I can’t change the color or copy the color to use somewhere else without losing what was already in there. Very annoying and time consuming.
[2] The V2 Custom Headline element is so poorly organized I don’t even know where to start. The settings that will be primarily used on any type of text element – size, style, alignment, color, class (for responsive text setting) – buried below a whole bunch of settings that will rarely get used by anyone. This element really needs some rethinking.
[3] In general, the horizontal scrolling of the settings categories at the top ( TEXT > SETUP DESIGN TEXT GRAPHIC CUSTOMIZE) is not good. This UI works fine (not great) in the Header and Footer Builders, but not in the vertical environment of the Content Builder. I need to see all those choices at the same time, not have to scroll to discover them, and I need to get to their settings with one simple click. All this scrolling is maddening and slow.
That’s all I have time for now. I will add to this list as time permits. But for what it’s worth, while I’m finding lots to be frustrated with, I’m also finding lots of awesome improvements. For example, the styling power on the Inline Search Element is flipping awesome! Thanks for the great work, and I know we’ll all get through this bumpy part of the new update. Cheers.
