Recent posts widgets broken when Cornerstone activated

Just ran latest updates. The links in our Recent Posts widget now return the link of the current page instead of the link of the referenced post, and it only happens when cornerstone plugin is enabled. I manually unzipped both the theme and cornerstone again to make sure the updates weren’t corrupt somehow.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated this issue further and it seems that you’re experiencing because of WPML Multilingual CMS plugin. Could you please try deactivating it and test it on your end as well.

I will test this further and add it into our issue tracker.

Thanks!

You are correct. Deactivating this also corrected it.

I’m going to update WPML, will update afterwards.

Okay WPML is up to date but problem still occurs.

Hi there,

This seems to be a conflict of the WPML with one of your plugins. I checked the same case in my installation and it worked with no problem.

I tested the cases below:

  • Changed the WPML Language mode to show the root /en/ as a default language with no success
  • I purged the cache with no success
  • I changed the Theme from X to 2016 and the problem still persists

The fact that when our theme is not enabled the issue is still there shows there is a conflict between one of your 3rd party plugins and WPML, or maybe the Permalink structure of your website should be changed.

Anyway, I advise that you contact WPML support for this case as they will give you better guidance. Try to send them a link to the default 2016 WordPress theme enabled so that they know there is no problem with the theme.

Thank you.

So, I tried isolating to some other plugin and some other stuff to no avail, and in the meantime i decided to download a 3rd party recent posts plugin to bridge the gap while it gets resolved naturally thru updates or just use it permanently. So I installed Recent Posts Extended and it works as expected. I’m fine with this as a solution.

Hi There,

Glad you found an alternative at the moment. If you have further question feel free to open a new thread.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.