Recent Posts Widget Images not Just Text

Hi I asked this question once before and got the perfect answer but I cannot find the original post! LOL so here goes again. I have to fix this again as when we moved the site it got rid of it. You see the Recent Posts Widget is back on but it is only showing text and not Images like the Integrity demo does. I do not know how to get the images back, they were red mouse over with link, video etc images too. Thanks for helping me remember how to do this!

Also I had to do some tweaking to make the red softer to match the mouse over for the other items in the news section. So if you go to our news section you can see the softer (lighter color) mouse over, need that for the side widget as well I believe it may be a tag placed in CSS? Any help remember that too would be super helpful! :slight_smile:

Hello @galatia,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Rather then using Recent Post widget, please use recent post shortcode in Text widget. For ex, you can add following shortcode [recent_posts count="2"]. More information on recent post can be found here. http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

Can you please elaborate your second question and I don’t see uch visible difference between hover color of sidebar and rest of the website? A bit confused, can you please clarify?

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you! Forget the second question it is resolved now. Only problem left is how do I get them uniform in size on the right side just like here: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/thought-for-the-day/

Mine are coming up different sizes for the posts. Thanks!!! I had this fixed once already but it got changed in our move!

Hi there,

Please try this code:

.x-sidebar .x-recent-posts a {
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    width: 100%;
}

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Do I put the code in the CSS somewhere? I forget :wink:

OK I put it in the right place and it is done. Hey one last question tho is there a way to remove the date for the posts on this same side

Hi there,

It should be:

.x-sidebar .x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-date {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.