Recent posts shortcode not working correctly, showing additional paragraphs

Hi, I’m using the recent posts shortcode and having the problem described here:

I tried adding the “Add Paragraphs Option to Text Widget” plugin, but it didn’t help, and apparently the plugin is redundant with Wordpress 4.8.1 anyway.

Can you please look into this?

Wordpress version: 4.8.1
X version: 5.1.1
Website: travelstudies.org

Thanks for your help.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in and sorry you’re having this issue, this was already reported to our Dev Team.

Please delete all your text widget prior to the installation of the Add Paragraphs Option to Text Widget plugin, then drag/add a new text widget and add your shortcode.

Cheers!

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not work for me. But I was able to solve the problem by using a different text widget (Black Studio TinyMCE Widget).

Thanks as always for your prompt reply and a great theme.

Glad you sorted things out and thank you for sharing your solution, for sure this will help other users until we figure out this bug.

Thanks,