Recent Posts not displaying correctly

Hi,
Please look at the enclosed image
I have a normal page - Boxed, Fullwidth on Integrity
I have tried Classic Recent Posts with all kinds of settings, but no matter what I do, I keep getting results similar to this.
I also get the same issue with The Grid - no space between posts when adding the shortcode or the grid into the page
Is there a way to fix this?

Hi @spinner,

Thank you for writing in, please ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility). If you found something not updated please follow this update guide.

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) to make sure this is not a caching issue.

• Also test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Check your entire page content for any broken HTML syntax.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I did that prior to posting.
I also made a test page where I have the same problem
I turned off all the plugins, brought them back one by one, starting w cornerstone - same problem

Tried on main theme and child theme - same problem

I checked your sites but I couldn’t see the page in your screenshot. Please give us the URL of the page having this issue. A

Thanks.

I recommended X to my employer - so it’s on my employer’s site.
Is there a way I can make my response private?

Hello @spinner,

What sort of layout you want to achieve? Do you want to have one big image and then a three or four recent post items underneath the big image? If that is the case, please create a section, row and one column. Add 1 recent post element to display 1 post item which will serve as the big image. Add another recent posts element and this time, use it to display 4 items.

It would also great if you can give us a mock layout of your page so that we will have an idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

No - I am doing that, and it’s not working.
I specifically set up the settings I used on the page I am working on - did you not see that?
In the second row on the page I linked to on the top of my previous message:
I used the Recent Posts element from - Elements and set it to one
Under it, I created a new Recent Post element, horizontal, offset -1 and set it to display the two subsequent posts.

I can make it work if I use a 2/1 layout, put one post in the larger area and then a new recent elements in the smaller area if I set it to vertical.

Horiontal, no matter what I do, turns into a mess. It either displays wrong, or if it displays on the same row, the scale is way, way off and there is no space between elements.

I have three X/Pro licenses, I was one of your early purchasers, I’ve not often raised a ticket because I’ve usually been able to figure things out myself, so please, do give me some credit for knowing what I am talking about and saying that Recent Posts is borked on my boss’ site :slight_smile:

Hi @spinner,

Its a custom CSS on your Theme Options > CSS is causing the issue.

Remove this from Theme Options > CSS

.x-recent-posts, .x-recent-posts a, .x-recent-posts+.x-recent-posts {
    margin: 0;
}

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Awesome, thank you - I will try that! I was told there was no custom CSS on the site.
i’ll give it a try and let you know!

We are glad we could help, let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.