Recent Posts Featured Image

/* Edit/Update: I have solved the featured image issue but would still like to know if the recent post, excerpt, and read more info will ever be within user control for recent posts*/

I’ve searched through enough docs to know there’s not an answer to this specific question which is up to date and relevant.

I don’t want to crop the featured image in Recent Posts, but it’s too tall and the head of the person in the image is being cut off. I tried getting the shortcode to show full image instead of cropped image using notes from this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/recent-posts-featured-image-displaying-wrong/1542

I have a child theme set up and have made several other php changes to get excerpt and read more to appear on recent posts so I am unsure how to integrate everything together - seems like the suggestions for changing the image are not working and I cannot start from scratch with my other php changes.

Also, when ish will the excerpt, read more button and featured image in recent posts be within user control? I believe this feature has been asked for for the last few years at this point and keeps being “logged with our development team for a future iteration” - any update on when (*if) this feature will become available?

Hi There,

Not on existing recent post element but a possibility of a brand new shortcode that would be similar to recent posts, but with more options and of course the “excerpt” available. Because of the design limitations of the original, it would be difficult to introduce the excerpt as an option without affecting user customizations. Unfortunately, we cannot promise and ETA for this one. Thank you for understanding.