Recent Posts Error

Hi,

I’m attempting to use the recent post shortcode with a specific category. It’s going to be used to display related posts at the bottom of posts. However, every instance I use the code with a category inserted for example,
[x_recent_posts type=“post” count=“4” section=“Zambia” orientation=“horizontal”], it only displays the most recent posts on the site overall. Nothing is category specific.

Am I inserting the category incorrectly?

Cheers,
Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Please use:

[x_recent_posts type="post" count="4" category="zambia" orientation="horizontal"]

Hope this helps.

@Jade Thanks! For some reason, I just continued to receive my most recent posts on the site, not by category.

My next question is:

Is it possible to use the Recent Posts feature to do a random assortment of posts from the category? I love the look of the Recent Posts shortcode, but I really want to use this as a related posts feature at the bottom of posts without having to install some sort of plugin or inserting clunky images.

Hi there,

Please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website dashboard to follow up the case using the Secure Note functionality of the post.

Regarding the second questions:

It is a custom development and outside of our support scope. But we can give you a start up regarding it:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.