Recent Post hover effect

Hi. In this site: http://fluent.group/ under the section titled COMMUNITY & EVENTS, there are 3 Recent Posts elements. If you hover over each one, an icon shows up. How can one:

  1. Get rid of the icon and insert text?

  2. Instead of the blue background on hover, use an image?

Hello @Multiplier,

Thanks for writing in!

Please add following CSS to make the change you ar looking for in recent post:

.x-recent-posts .format-standard .x-recent-posts-img:before{
content:"Text";
}
.x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-img:after{
background-image: url(enter image source url);
}

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks! With that, here’s what I applied:

.x-recent-posts .format-standard .x-recent-posts-img:before{
content:"+ Read More";
}

How would you recommend that I style the text given that I must edit it this way? For example, I’d like for + Read More to be in one line, smaller, different font, etc.

Hi there,

Please update the code to:

.x-recent-posts .format-standard .x-recent-posts-img:before {
    content: "+ Read More";
    font-size: 1em;
    line-height: 1em;
    display: block;
    width: auto;
    font-family: "Montserrat",sans-serif;
}

Hope this helps.

Hey Jade,

Thanks for your help on that but it’s very difficult to center the text within the box. Any advice on this?

Hello There,

Please update previous code with the following to center align the text:

.x-recent-posts .format-standard .x-recent-posts-img:before {
    content: "+ Read All About It";
    font-size: 1.75em;
    line-height: 1em;
    display: block;
    width: auto;
    font-family: "Montserrat",sans-serif;
    margin: 0 auto;
    left: 30%;
}

Thanks.

1 Like