Recent Post Element

Hi again

Is there any way the Recent Post Element could display more than the 4 posts - ideally all historic posts for that category but remaining in the 3 column masonry layout? Essentially a standard page with the Recent Post Element sowing all posts - not just the 3/4.

If not, is it possible to include the sidebar in a Category page? I have a requirement for 2 Blog pages. As it stands I have 1 that is the main Blog which is no problem and I have the sidebar visible. The second page is a Category page which does not display the sidebar as a default.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Using Recent Post element, if we want to display more than four, we just need to add another recent post element and then use offset option. Like below the first shortcode will display the first 4 then the next shortcode will display the next four post because of the offset.

[recent_posts count="4" orientation="horizontal"] [recent_posts count="4" no_image="true" orientation="vertical" offset="4"]

To display sidebar on Category page, go to X > Launch > Theme Options : Layout and Design > Content Layout : Choose Content Left, Sidebar Right or Sidebar Left, Content Right.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this Lely

So by adding a new RP Element every time and by setting the offset at 3,6,9,etc this seems to show all older posts.

I think that will do it.

Regards,

Ali

You’re welcome, Ali.