Read more link not showing in blog index

I am not seeing the “read more” link at the bottom of the excerpt on my blog index. I have tried adding this code when pages were made in visual builder:

// Change Read More

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_excerpt_string' ) ) :
  function x_excerpt_string( $more ) {
    
    $stack = x_get_stack();

    if ( $stack == 'integrity' ) {
      return ' ... <div><a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'Read More', '__x__' ) . '</a></div>';
    } else if ( $stack == 'renew' ) {
      return ' ... <a href="' . get_permalink() . '" class="more-link">' . __( 'Read More', '__x__' ) . '</a>';
    } else if ( $stack == 'icon' ) {
      return ' ...';
    } else if ( $stack == 'ethos' ) {
      return ' ...';
    }

  }
  add_filter( 'excerpt_more', 'x_excerpt_string' );
endif;

But that didn’t work. I tried building a post in text rather than through cornerstone and added the “read more” tag to the content but this did not make the "read more " link appear either.
Would you mind taking a look and seeing where I have gone wrong? Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! I have tested your issue by adding a test post, without using Cornerstone builder and it works fine (see secure note).

Make sure to purge your cache and test.

Thanks!

Ah, sorry about that. Thanks

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.