'Read More' Gutenberg Block and excerpts

Hi, I am trying to format my excerpts in a looper. Is it possible to show all blocks before the ‘read more’ block using cornerstone? I have noticed that I can use the {{dc:post:the_content}} tag to pull the content in. Are there options for the_content like ‘fallback’ and ‘length’ for {{dc:post:excerpt}}? I’m looking for what the_content(‘read more’) does…

Hi @abuelitovaldez,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can add length to the excerpt and it will look like the following one.

{{dc:post:excerpt length="20"}}

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi @tristup, thanks for your reply! I think I didn’t explain well. My goal is to display all my posts content blocks before the read more-block in my looper. So the length of the excerpt will always be different. With plain Wordpress I would achieve that with the function the_content(‘read more’).

Hi @abuelitovaldez,

Unfortunately, that is not possible with the Dynamic Content tags as you are expecting. But if you still want to do that, you need to create custom Dynamic Content. I would suggest you go through the following thread on that.

If you are not proficient in coding, please hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

That’s a very helpful link, thanks a lot @tristup!

Hi @abuelitovaldez,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.