Re Older versions and WP 6.2

@charlie About your instructions here: Important WP 6.2 Issue — Please Read Before Updating

My cornerstone.php file is located here: wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/cornerstone.php

I inherited a custom pro theme from years past and we cannot upgrade Cornerstone or it will break the site.

Below the image is is what is in my cornerstone.php file. The site I work on is running with WP 6.2, but I can’t edit classic elements. My sidebar in cornerstone shows this.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 3.26.21 PM (2)

<?php

/*
Plugin Name: Cornerstone
Plugin URI: https://theme.co/cornerstone
Description: The WordPress Page Builder
Author: Themeco
Author URI: https://theme.co/
Version: 5.3.3
Text Domain: cornerstone
Domain Path: lang
*/

defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) || exit;

require_once ‘includes/boot.php’;

cornerstone_boot(
plugin_dir_path( FILE ),
plugin_dir_path( FILE ) . ‘includes/i18n’,
plugin_dir_url( FILE )
);

What should I do?

So the actual Cornerstone plugin is fine. This issue exists in the theme. If you are on Cornerstone 5 you should be on X8 right? You’re going to follow the guide for X8-9 in the guide.

Look for wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/plugins/cornerstone.php instead of in the cornerstone plugin.

Thanks Charlie, but I do not have the same directory structure. The X or Pro or whatever it is is called “smc” because a developer way back when custom designed the site.

As I mentioned in my post, the only cornerstone.php file is in the plugins folder at wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/cornerstone.php and I posted the content of the file.

Hello @Kev,

Please make sure you have installed the correct X theme on your server. In case you have not installed the X theme, I would suggest you please go to the Themeco account dashboard and download the latest version of the theme. Please note you need to have a backup of the database and files before installing the theme.

If it doesn’t work for you please share your admin login details with FTP details in the secure note. Please remember that we don’t provide customized child themes or third-party theme support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

I cannot tell if the theme is X or X Pro or a custom theme, but they use Cornerstone Version 5.3.3.

I have since had the hosting company roll back the WP version so it now works. But I will not be able to update to WP 6.2. How can I tell if the theme is X or X Pro?

It sounds like your not using X or Pro. Cornerstone without X or Pro shouldn’t have the same issue everybody else is for WP 6.2. Are you not getting the “Uh oh” when you are on WP 6.1? Setting up a staging site might help, because I think we’ll need WP_DEBUG on to see what’s going on in your site.

So here’s the thing… Cornerstone was installed by another company that we no longer use. It is validated on our live website, but I cannot validate it on the staging site and get it updated. How can I work around this issue?

I’m just trying to test the staging site. I have no access to the license on the live site.

Hello @Kev,

I have checked your Themeco account and I cannot find a Cornerstone license. Be advised that you cannot use the X theme or Pro theme license to validate the standalone Cornerstone plugin version. You will need a separate license code for that. If you want to get one, you can purchase it here:

Best Regards.

OK. Well, I’ll have to tell my client they need to purchase another license in order for me to test this.

Hi @Kev,

Thanks for letting us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.