Rankmath giving 500 error

Hello, we are using rankmath for SEO and there seem to be a compatibility issues with rankmath and pro theme.
“PRO By Themeco” is causing the issue and restricting the data from getting saved plus resulting in an Internal Server Error.
Please, advise how to resolve this issue.

Hi @amanjaura,

Thanks for reaching out.
There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue **if you have activated it.
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have gone over all the common issues and it came to a point where it was determined to be a compatibility issue with theme.co. Rankmath has suggested we get in touch with theme developers to resolve the issue. Hence the reason I’ve opened up a form here. I’ve added login url to the secure note.

Hi @amanjaura,

I can’t replicate the issue on your website, would you mind sharing with us test cases on how we can replicate your issue on our end?

Thank you.

Hi Marc, The issue is in pages, the posts are not built using cornerstone. The pages are. If you try to go into any cornerstone built page “Get in touch” and try to either set “this post is pillar content” or add any focus keyword, update the page and then refresh the page the settings will not be saved. opening the dev console you’ll see a 500 error to confirm the issue.

Hi @amanjaura,

I have checked your website and found the issue by following the given steps to replicate it. I would suggest you check once by activating any default theme like TwentyTwentyOne and check if the issue exists or not.

If the issue persists only with our updated parent theme, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credentials to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Tested it with twentytwentyone theme and it all works perfectly. I’ve created clone of the website and updated the secured notes with login credentials for the clone website.
Thank you.

Hi @amanjaura,

Thank you for the credentials, I see the issue on your dev site, did this issue happen just recently? Do you have a copy of RankMath v2.15.0 or v2.14.0 or v2.13.0? Can you downgrade to those versions and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

We switched to rankmath recently so I am not aware if the issue was there before or not. What I did notice is that the issue only occurs when the rankmath pro plugin is activated not the the rankmath basic plugin.

Hi @amanjaura,

Glad to know that you are able to find the exact cause behind it. I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author on this and let us know the feedback.

Thanks

I have contacted plugin author. Following is their reply:
“The issue is being caused by your theme as it is blocking the route that Rank Math uses to save the meta data. So your theme’s developers will be able to help you resolve this. Please contact them and inform them about the issue. We will also check on our end if there is anything we can do to resolve this.”

Hi @amanjaura,

Thanks for the information. I have already reported the issue to our Issue Tracker for further investigation by the development team.

Thanks

Thanks. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

Hi @amanjaura,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Do we have an update on this?

Hi @amanjaura,

Unfortunately, there is no update on this till now.

Thanks

Thanks, is there a timeline when it would be resolved? Would be really appreciated to have someone resolve it.

Hi @amanjaura,

Regretfully, we don’t have any ETA for that currently.

Thanks

Hi, I would also like to chime in… we are having the same issue. Please fix asap, as we have a few websites effected by this and the SEO team is not happy. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Regretfully, we don’t have any ETA for that currently.

Thank you for understanding and please bear with us.