Questions about essential grid

Hi,

  1. I want to create a search and filter options for my posts. In the main search page I don’t want any posts to show, but when the search occurs, for it to apply to all the content in the website. Meaning, I want the search and filters provided by essential grid to show only after the search runs. Is that possible?

  2. On another page, I want to have a few rows, and in each to have specific posts. How can I control that in essential grid?

  3. If I create a few rows like this, would it be possible to apply a search and filters to all of the rows at once?

Thanks,
Alon

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

  1. It could be possible through customization, but we never tried it before. You may want to consult it to a developer for an estimate or to see if it’s possible.

  2. You mean 1 post for each row? You can set your grid columns to 1, then set the post count to the limit (Maximum Entries) you wish to implement. But if you’re trying to create a standard blog layout with it (rows based layout) then it’s not doable, but could be with custom development.

  3. Not possible, the search will only work on current items and not for the posts that aren’t being displayed or pulled from the database.

Thanks!