Question about menu dropdowns on mobile

Hey guys,

I’m currently working on optimizing the mobile version of my header and I had a few questions.

  1. Is there any way to speed up how fast the initial dropdown appears when a toggle is clicked? When I click my toggle right now, it seems there’s about a second delay. I’d like to trim that down, if possible.
  2. Once the menu is dropped down, is there any way to alter the direction of submenus when the menu item has children? For example, see this screenshot: https://imgur.com/B7bbgHm. As you can see, the submenu goes off the screen because it appears left. Ideally, I’d like it to appear downwards - and it would be even better if I could get it to appear as if it was “nested” within the current dropdown, pushing the other menu items “Behind the Scenes” and “Contact” below it.
  3. I see that it’s possible to change the width of my dropdowns, but is there any way to make it 100% of the width of the device? I tried adding custom CSS .x-dropdown {width: 100vw !important} but unfortunately that makes it go off screen again because there’s a margin on the right side. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/VittdyI

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Hello There,

1.) Unfortunately, there is no option to adjust the delay. It is designed that way to avoid submenu overlapping when you accidentally hover over it.

2.) The v2 dropdowns will automatically respond to fit onto the screen, meaning they will change direction when they can. That being said, if a menu has multi-level dropdowns, this will almost always never fit on small screens. This is why we have alternative methods of mobile navigation such as collapsed navigation, which we can swap out for on mobile. This particular dropdowns are rather large, which is only adding to the issue noted in the first point. If they were a lot smaller, then it might work, but in general, multi-tiered dropdowns shouldn’t be used on mobile.

3.) As stated on #2 this will not work on smaller screen specially as fullwidth.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.