Question about customizing Loopers

Hi Themeco Team!

I’m using your Loopers feature (which is awesome) to build a blog archive feature page. Currently I have about 50 posts with more being added soon. Is there anyway to make the archive page an infinite scroll with lazy loading posts instead of using pagination?

Thank you!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

Thanks for writing to us.

Regretfully there is no option for the lazy loading of the posts at the moment. I would suggest you please contact a developer who can assist you with your concerns or you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

That’s unfortunate, but thank you for the quick reply!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

With your current blog archive setup, you can still use infinite scroll. Please check out this article:

Hope this helps.

Excellent, thanks for the workaround, @ruenel. I was hoping for something native within X/Pro, but I’ll try these solutions instead.

I have a few more (hopefully) quick questions about Loopers…

1. In a Looper Consumer, is there a way to add “excerpt is set” to the conditions? I have the consumer set to show a post if the featured image is set, but I don’t see an option for the excerpt. Is this possible?

2. Also, is there an option to add a dynamic filter/sorter on a page that uses loopers? For example, I have a blog that covers several different topics. On the frontend of the blog archive page, is there a way a visitor can dynamically filter or sort these posts into specific topics using tags or categories?

3. Lastly, I’m using Dynamic elements (The Title, The Excerpt, etc.) in a cell to pull in content for a “featured” post. I’m able to dynamically link The Title element to the post (e.g. {{dc:post:permalink}}), but not The Excerpt or cell. I’m trying to link all elements within the cell to the post, not just the title. Do you know if there’s a solution for this?

Thank you for your help!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

Question 1

You can set the condition by setting the condition like this. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

tagarchive-Layout-Builder-Pro

Question 2

Regretfully there is no option to filter the posts from the frontend, it would require custom development, I would suggest you please contact a developer who can assist you with your concerns or you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development. It is out of the support scope. Or you can use our bundled plugin called Essential grid.

Question 3

To link the cell you need to set the default HTML tag as the anchor. Please have a look at the given screenshoot.

tagarchive-Layout-Builder-Pro (1)

When you set the default HTML tag as the anchor it would give an option to add a link.
tagarchive-Layout-Builder-Pro (2)

Hope it helps
Thanks

Yes, this helps! Thank you all very much.

Hello @bartenderonduty,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

@prakash_s, for number 1, what should the second half of the condition be? Just having ‘{{dc:post:excerpt}} is…’ does not appear to work as expected.

Hello @bartenderonduty,

The above post screenshot condition is checking if the excerpt text is set. Please let us know how do you want to set the condition for the excerpt so that we can advise you.

Thanks

@prakash_s, this doesn’t seem to work. I set up the condition as shown, however, no posts are populating. I have at least one post were I’ve added an excerpt (and featured image).

Please let me know what you think!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

In case you want to check for featured images and excerpts you need to set the condition like this, please have a look at the given screenshot.

tagarchive-Layout-Builder-Pro (4)

Hope it helps
Thanks

That doesn’t appear to work either—those settings load all posts, even ones without an excerpt. Do you happen to have another suggestion we can try?

Hello @bartenderonduty,

I have tested it on my end and it seems that it is working fine at my end. In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I added a secure note above. Thank you!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

I have set the same condition there on your server and it seems that it is working fine. Please check your site.

The condition for excerpt is “Excerpt content is not blank”. Please note excerpt content is been pulled from two places, please have a look at the given screenshot below.
Edit-Post-“Males-Lose-Fat-on-a-Low-Budget”-‹-Fitties-—-WordPress

In case there is no data the excerpt content would be pulled from the post content section.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Ah, OK. I didn’t realize {{dc:post:excerpt}} was any excerpt—I thought this was specifically referring to the Excerpt text area in WP.

Thank you for your help!

Hello @bartenderonduty,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.