Pulling ACF data from custom post type through a Post Object

Hi, I’m having trouble pulling data from a custom post type. Here it is:

I have two custom post types:
Team Members
Services

I have a Post Object set up in ACF attributed to the Services posts which pulls the posts from the Team Members CPT. So in each of the services posts you can select the Team Members that offer it through the Post Object ACF field. Let’s say I have selected John, Chris, and James.

In the Layout editor I have created a new Layout for the Services CPT. Within this Layout I have a column with a Provider set to Query Builder and Services as the post type.

Within this column I have a text element with {{dc:post:meta key=“sp”}}

However when I try to display the Custom Field for the Post Object it just displays the post IDs instead of the names.

So instead of saying: John, Chris, James - it says 50,255,357

How can I get it to display the Post Names instead of the Post IDs?

Ideally I would like to pull the name of the provider wrapped in a link to their profile, and possibly the feature image from their Team member CPT post. Very similar to the Posts (list) element.

Please let me know if this makes sense and if there is a better way of going about this!

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup clearly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a I’ve left you a secure note.

Cheers,
David

Hi, I’ve figured out how to get the current post objects displaying correctly!!
by setting:
Level 1: Query Builder for Services
Level 2: Dynamic content for the service field in ACF
Level 3: Dynamic content in text element for post title

My question now is as per my secure note. Is there a way to reverse this process so we can list whichever team member it is that offers a specific service.

So the Team Member has services offered as a post object in their individual CPT.

The Services CPT has a Layout which pulls the team members that offer that particular service.

So for the Service ‘Leasing’ for example it may pull in John and Bob because they have Leasing as a Service on their Team Member profile pages.

If this is possible could you please let me know. I appreciate your assistance with this!

Hello David,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given credentials are not working please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Sorry, I’ve updated them. They’ll be correct now.

Hey Claudio,

Please try the setup like in this video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnXpRW4G_M

Referring to the video, instead of showing Instructors per Day, you can show a Team Member per Service.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.