Pull content from custom fields into a "Text" element

I’d like to pull content from a Page’s meta-data into a text field on the page designed with the x visual editor.

I have tried doing this by adding the content to an Essential Grid meta field; I have also tried it with a custom field created with the ACF Pro plugin.

I’m trying to pull the data using shortcode put into the “Raw Content” element:

For Essential Grid:

[grid_meta key="eg-description"]

and ACF Pro:

[acf field="project_description"]

Neither is working.
For the Essential Grid shortcode, the X visual editor doesn’t seem to recognize it and so it is not interpretted as shortcode; it just displays as raw text.

For ACF Pro, the visual editor seems to recognize it as valid short, but it’s not pulling any data.

I would love to know what i’m doing wrong?

I also tried putting raw PHP in the “raw content” element, but i’m not very good with PHP and didnt really know the syntax for pulling a page’s custom fields in; i would love to learn how that works.

Thanks!

Ali

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

PHP is not possible in the Raw element, but I like to check your issues regarding the shortcode. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? And please provide the details of what you’re trying to achieve :slight_smile:

Thanks!